Home Dialysis Registered Nurse - RN - Port Orange, Florida - Dialysis
Location: Port Orange
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Home Dialysis Registered Nurse - RN - Port Orange,
FloridaPURPOSE AND SCOPE: The registered professional nurse Home
Therapies RN CAP 1 is an entry level designation into the Clinical
Advancement Program (CAP).-- This position is accountable and
responsible for the provision and coordination of clinically
competent care including assessment, planning, intervention and
evaluation for an assigned group of patients. Assesses and manages
patients' response to home dialysis training and treatment therapy
by following prescribed predetermined protocols and communicates
patient related issues to the physician as needed. As a member of
the End Stage Kidney Disease (ESKD) health care team, this position
participates in decision-making, teaching, leadership functions,
and quality improvement activities that enhance patient care
outcomes and facility operations.--PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES:All duties and responsibilities are expected to be
performed in accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care policy,
procedures, standards of nursing practice, state and federal
- Performs all essential functions under the direction of the
Supervisor with guidance from the Educator, Preceptor or in
collaboration with another Registered Nurse.
- Performs ongoing, systematic collection and analysis of
dialysis data for assigned patients and documents in the patient
medical record, makes adjustments or modifications to treatment
plan as indicated and notifies Supervisor or physician as
- Assesses, collaborates and documents patient/family's basic
learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients
- Directs and provides, in collaboration with the patient, home
care partner, direct and ancillary patient care staff, all aspects
of the provision of safe and effective delivery of dialysis therapy
to assigned patients.
- Administers medications as prescribed or in accordance with
approved algorithm(s), and documents appropriate medical
justification and effectiveness.
- Initiates or assists with emergency response measures.
- Serves as a resource for health care team, participates in
staff training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
- Ensures correct laboratory collection, processing and shipping
procedures are performed and reschedules missed or insufficient
- Identifies expected outcomes, documents and updates the nursing
assessment and plan of care for assigned patients through
collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Ensures patient awareness related to transplant and treatment
- Assists in the identification, evaluation, selection and
education of Home Dialysis candidates and Home Partners.
- Performs assessment and identifies barriers of the Home
Dialysis candidate's home environment and partner / family
readiness and ability to perform dialysis treatments in the
- Trains Home Dialysis patients and / or Home Partners on the
safe, effective operation and maintenance of all Home Dialysis
equipment and treatment supplies through an organized and formal
Home Dialysis Training Program. --
- Required to complete CAP requirements to advance.----
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:The physical demands and work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting, moving of equipment, patients and assisting
with ambulation.-- Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide
- This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing
and the employee must be able to bend over.
- The employee may occasionally be required to move, with
assistance, machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift
chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- Rotates coverage with other licensed home therapies staff as
assigned to ensure reliable and adequate coverage.
- Position requires participation in on-call rotation, night,
weekend, holiday or as defined by individual program needs.
- The position may require travel to training sites, other
facilities or patient homes.
- May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in
other locations including patient's home with the same physical
demands and working conditions as described above.
- Day to day work includes desk work, computer work, interaction
with patients, facility/hospital staff and
physicians.--SUPERVISION:Assigned oversight of LPNs/LVNs, RNs,
Patient Care Technicians and Home Therapy Care Team Assistants as a
Team Leader or designated Nurse in charge, after meeting all the
- --Successful completion of all FKC education and training
requirements for new employees.
- --Must have a minimum of 12 months experience as a RN.
- --Successful completion of 3 months experience as a RN in home
peritoneal dialysis and / or hemodialysis.--EDUCATION and
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification
- Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or
she is employed.--EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Entry level for RNs with less than 1 year of Nephrology Nursing
experience in the last two years as a RN.
- Minimum of 1-year experience as a Registered Nurse
- Home dialysis therapy experience (preferred).------EO/AA
Orientation/Gender Identity--Fresenius Medical Care North America
maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable
federal and state laws.
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Port Orange , Home Dialysis Registered Nurse - RN - Port Orange, Florida - Dialysis, Healthcare , Port Orange, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!