Company: Halifax Health
Location: Port Orange
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Halifax Health is seeking a Registered Nurse Clinical
Educator.The Clinical Educator is responsible for the assessment,
design, delivery and evaluation of the orientation, education,
training, and staff development of the nursing workforce throughout
all in-patient entities of Halifax Health. - -The Clinical Educator
supports the development of nursing related positions and fosters
knowledge and skill enhancement through the delivery of evidenced
based nursing practice. This position is responsible for
facilitating the educational process through assessment, design,
planning, implementation and evaluation of competency assessment
programs, orientation, continuing education, training activities
and on-going professional development. - This role is a member of a
centralized, professional staff development department and is not
assigned to any one unit.
- BSN required, MSN preferred.
- 5 years of nursing, clinical educator, or nursing instructor
experience required. -
- 2 years' experience in development and design of
education/training curriculum and staff development for a
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles, philosophies and theories
of learning. - - - - - - -
- Ability to design and develop a broad repertoire of
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning objectives, curriculum and
program development principles; and accreditation standards and
procedures related to nursing competency.
- Evaluation skills - The ability to critically examine education
content and ascertain relevancy to the needs of the nurse learner
as well as, regulatory & federal, state laws & hospital policy
- Content synthesis & creation - Ability to work with subject
matter experts (SME's) and appropriate team members to gather
content and create evidence based education/training activities and
- Considerable knowledge of classroom presentation methods and
techniques in an adult instructional setting.
- Demonstrated project management methodologies to oversee
large-scale educational and change initiatives.
- Research skills
- Adheres to Cornerstone principles at all times. - Acts as a
role model in service excellence.
- Serve as a champion for change that meets Halifax Health goals
- Assesses educational needs for the health system or specific
- Participates in planning and implementing staff education to
new policies/procedures, equipment, and performance improvement
- Works collaboratively with other clinical educators to design
educational programs that require innovative teaching
- Develops and implements general and/or unit specific
orientation plan in collaboration with unit nursing leadership.
- Assists in the professional development of staff via assessment
of needs with planning, implementation, and evaluation of
- Interacts professionally with vendor/manufacturer sales
representatives to coordinate educational demonstrations of new
equipment or supplies.
- Provides individual instruction as necessary.
- Documents staff participation education programs in appropriate
- Provides proper documentation for continuing education
programs, BLS, ACLS, and yearly skills labs. -
- Facilitates unit specific patient education
- Provides direct patient care as needed to assist in development
of staff clinical skills, maintain professional expertise, and
assist the nursing unit in emergency situations.
- Participates in developing, implementing and revising health
system and unit specific policies/procedures. May coordinate the
Patient Care Manual or policy/procedure manual for specific
clinical area. -
- Participates in health system/unit specific committees and
teams as assigned by coordinator. - - -
- Maintains knowledge base within area of specialty
- Performs other duties as assigned by coordinator according to
unit needs.Recognized as one of the 50 Top Cardiovascular
Hospitals--- in the United States by IBM Watson Health---, Halifax
Health serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum
of health care services through a network of organizations
including a tertiary hospital, two community hospitals, urgent care
clinics, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with five
outreach locations, the area's largest hospice, a center for
inpatient rehabilitation, outpatient rehabilitation clinics,
primary care walk-in clinics, a clinic specializing in women's
health, a pediatric care community clinic, five pediatric medical
practices, a home health care agency and an exclusive provider
organization. Halifax Health offers the area's only Level II Trauma
Center, Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center (TSC), Center for
Transplant Services, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Child and
Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB
Emergency Department and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
that cares for babies born earlier than 28 weeks. For more
information, visit halifaxhealth.org.
Keywords: Halifax Health, Port Orange , Clinical Educator, Healthcare , Port Orange, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!