Registered Nurse - Hospice - Hospice
Company: Halifax Health - Medical Center of Port Orange
Location: Port Orange
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Registered Nurse - HospiceOverview
Halifax Health - Hospice is seeking a Registered Nurse for our
The Hospice RN will be responsible for coordination and
implementation of the overall plan of care for the assigned
patients in various hospice settings to assure the best possible
quality of life is attained.
* Currently licensed as an RN in State of Florida.
* Associate degree from an accredited School of Nursing
required.Bachelor's degree a plus.
* Valid driving license and good driving record are required for
* Professionalism in interpersonal communication skills with
patients, patient families, colleagues, physicians and ancillary
* Personal professional development, accountability, organization
and leadership in the performance of professional nursing
* All full time RNs will assist in the provision of after hours and
weekend coverage as assigned.
* On-Call responsibilities required.
Certifications as required by individual unit/area.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Provides all aspects of care for the terminally ill patient
* Provides patient and family education
* Completes initial and on-going assessments
* Provides pain and symptom management
* Develops an Interdisciplinary Plan of Care which reflect
pt./family centered goals
* Uses critical thinking skills
* Participates in Quality Improvement activities
* Maintains professional and positive working relationships
* Promotes a holistic approach to the care of the terminally
Recognized as one of the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals in the
United States by IBM Watson Health, Halifax Health serves Volusia
and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of health care services
through a network of organizations including a tertiary hospital,
two community hospitals, urgent care clinics, psychiatric services,
a cancer treatment center with five outreach locations, the area's
largest hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation, outpatient
rehabilitation clinics, primary care walk-in clinics, a clinic
specializing in women's health, a pediatric care community clinic,
five pediatric medical practices, a home health care agency and an
exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area's
only Level II Trauma Center, Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center
(TSC), Center for Transplant Services, Pediatric Intensive Care
Unit, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete
Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency Department and Level III
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for babies born earlier
than 28 weeks. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.
Keywords: Halifax Health - Medical Center of Port Orange, Port Orange , Registered Nurse - Hospice - Hospice, Healthcare , Port Orange, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!