Customer Service Representative
Company: Apria Healthcare
Location: Port Orange
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Summary (External):Apria Healthcares mission is to improve
the quality of life for our patients at home. We are looking for
empathetic, thoughtful and compassionate people, to meet the needs
of our patients. Already an industry leader in healthcare services,
we provide home respiratory services and select medical equipment
to help our patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and
JOB SUMMARYThis role is responsible for supporting daily operations
of the local branch office and delivering customer happiness
through effective communication, problem solving, and efficient
processes. This role is not eligible for telecommuting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer incoming patient and referral source calls received at
the local branch related to new orders, and ongoing patient service
needs such as troubleshooting, order status and other general
- Complete outbound calls to patient and referral sources
regarding order receipt confirmation, documentation requirements,
insurance benefits, patient scheduling, order status and patient
- Review incoming faxed orders and determine action to be
- Collaborate with back-office qualification teams to facilitate
timely processing of orders.
- Partners with Sales team to obtain complete and accurate
documentation based on payor and other regulatory
- Greets and supports walk in customers.
- May assist with coordination of patient Positive Airway
Pressure (PAP) classes, including assembly of paperwork
instructions and other non-licensed activities as defined by
- May conduct downloads of recording devices such as apnea
monitors, oximeters, CPAP devices, and other respiratory equipment
- Handle requests for audit and documentation purposes.
- Collect payment and billing information as needed.
- Order inventory or office supplies.
- Performs other duties as required. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- N/AMinimum Required Qualifications (External):Education and/or
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is
- At least two years related experience in an office environment
is preferred. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional
- N/A SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong customer relations and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong phone skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone and
- If participating in coordination, delivery, function testing or
downloads of respiratory equipment, all applicable competency
testing must be completed prior to conducting those activities.
- Microsoft Office programs.
- Basic printing/faxing/scanning. Language Skills
- English (reading, writing, verbal). Mathematical Skills
- Basic Math Skills PHYSICAL DEMANDSThis is a stationary position
that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist
motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision,
and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional
lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping,
twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching
above the shoulder. This position also may require the occasional
lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs.
OTHER INFORMATIONThe essential duties and responsibilities,
physical requirements, and work environment described above are
representative of those typically required for this position but
may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific
locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical
requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that
function is essential to a specific individuals position.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential
functions.Benefits:Comprehensive benefits package offered for
- Competitive salary
- Ability to have early access to earned wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick
Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off
for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development OpportunitiesCompensation:
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour weekEEO Statement:As
an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all
applicants and employees with equal access to employment
opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national
origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital
status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the
requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These
regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals
on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require
affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors
to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans
and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vetby
Keywords: Apria Healthcare, Port Orange , Customer Service Representative, Hospitality & Tourism , Port Orange, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!