Company: Chenega Infinity
Posted on: January 15, 2020
CHENEGA INFINITY, LLC
Company Job Title:
Battalion Chief, Operations & Training- NASA
Chenega Job Title:
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
Kennedy Space Center, FL
Assistant Fire Chief
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Battalion Chief of Operations and Training is primarily
responsible to manage all subordinate firefighters, drivers,
paramedics and lieutenants while on duty. This position provides a
lead role as the on-scene incident commander and is responsible to
mitigate emergency situations utilizing the Incident Command System
following department standard operating procedures and established
industry standards. In addition, this position will have an active
role in the training of department personnel. In preparation for
training this position will be required to research the training
topic assigned, learn about the topic and develop a lesson plan
pertaining to the topic which will be approved by the training
division. This position will be required to deliver training to
department personnel through lecture and a hands-on approach as
directed. This position will be required to obtain the required
certifications to operate all fire department pumpers, aerial
apparatus, ARFF apparatus, squads, specialty vehicles MRAPs and all
other vehicles that are assigned to the fire services fleet. This
position must also have the knowledge to operate all department
equipment to include hydraulic pumps, power units, generators, etc.
Physical fitness to perform these duties is essential and the
individual filling this position must remain in full duty status at
all times to perform these functions. This position may be required
to work a forty hour Monday-Friday eight hour shifts at times to
meet the operational needs of the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of this position)
- Required to follow all company personnel and safety policies,
and perform all assigned duties in a safe work manner.
- Responsible for protection of life and property at the Kennedy
Space Center and the direction and control of fire and rescue crews
in the performance of routine and emergency work
- Must train and direct the activities of subordinate
- Responds to emergency calls and establishes Incident Command,
assumes leadership until replaced by higher ranking authority if
warranted. Directs the activities of the firefighters providing
fire suppression, medical aid, rescue activities and hazardous
- Must professionally interface with the customer and other
contractors as necessary.
- Must review and evaluate job performance of subordinates as
well as assess response crews for efficiency and
- Participates in daily physical fitness program and conducts
training activities to include training in fire suppression,
hazardous material responsible, search and rescue, and other
- Conducts recurring and specialized training classes for Fire
Rescue Services personnel.
- Develops and maintains lesson plans for all required training
and maintains records for all training conducted.
- Ensures testing procedures are completed in accordance with Pro
- Attends training courses, reads and understands assigned
material related to emergency medical care, firefighting and fire
- As the fire official at the scene of an emergency, rapidly
assesses problems and hazards and directs/controls combat forces to
bring the incident to a safe conclusion.
- Possesses knowledge of size-up, rescue procedures and fire
suppression techniques and their application in buildings,
facilities, and aircraft related materials and systems.
- Possesses knowledge of all fire apparatus, equipment, and their
- Responds to vehicle accidents scenes and ensures approved
extrication techniques are used utilizing specialized heavy
hydraulic equipment during emergency situations.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of streets, building addresses,
suppression systems, fire alarm panel locations and hydrant
- Possesses extensive knowledge about motor vehicle laws and
regulations of the State of Florida, regarding emergency vehicular
- Complies with department policies, rules and
- Personnel assigned to this classification are subject to
perform at the Technical Rescue and HazMat operational level and
may be required to obtain technician level certification in these
areas if required to support a specialty function.
- Receive and complete training for the Astronaut Rescue function
if implemented during the contract period.
- Participate in certification training classes when offered and
pass such classes per the certification criteria.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position supervises Lieutenants, Firefighter Drivers,
Paramedics and Firefighters
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Associate degree in related field and four (4) years'
experience in fire operations. Equivalent education/experience is
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have at least two (2) years' experience as a paid
full-time DoD or State of Florida or Pro Board Lieutenant
- Must meet all standards as required by Statement of
- Honorably discharged from the Armed Services (If
- Successfully completed all training and have obtained all
required licenses, certifications and security/medical clearances
for the site.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess effective oral and written communication
- Skill in operating a personal computer and standard office
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software
applications in word processing, (MSWord, Excel, Access,
PowerPoint), and Outlook.
- Must possess a DOD or Florida State or Pro Board Firefighter II
- Must possess a DOD or Florida State or Pro Board Fire Officer
- Must possess a DOD or Florida State or Pro Board Fire
Instructor I certification.
- Must have the ability to successfully complete NIMS Courses
IS-100, IS-200, IS-300, IS-400, IS-700 and IS-800
- Must possess an Emergency Vehicle Operator's
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class E Florida state
- Must speak, read, write, and understand the English language,
apply written rules, detailed orders, instructions and training
- Have no record or history of illegal drug use, sale,
possession, or manufacture.
- Have no felony convictions and no convictions that reflect on
the individual's reliability.
- Must be able to meet and maintain NASA Physical
- Must be able to successfully pass all required Psychological
- Must be able to meet drug testing and alcohol - free workforce
requirements to include random drug and/or alcohol
- Must possess technical rescue certification to the awareness
level and hazardous materials certification to the operations level
within one year of hire date.
- Must possess one of the following certifications - DOD ARFF
Firefighter, or Pro Board ARFF Firefighter within one year of hire
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences;
Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a
harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the
trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel
and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 170
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment Combat Task Test
(CTT) and biannually thereafter as prescribed by the
- Ascend and descend 75 feet of stairway while carrying a 14
pound simulated high rise pack.
- Hoist a 50' roll of 1-3/4 hose with nozzle, using a 1/2 to 5/8
rope, to a height of 50 feet.
- Simulate forcible entry by hitting 150 lb. beam with 9 lb.
sledgehammer to move the beam a distance of 5 ft. (Keiser Force
Machine). Firefighters must keep both hands below a tape-marked
line on the sledgehammer which is 1 foot down from the head of the
sledgehammer, and only contact the beam with the head of the
- Lift, drag or carry a 170 lb. mannequin a distance of 85
- The CTT must be completed wearing full NFPA approved protective
clothing to include full structural firefighting bunker gear (coat,
pants, boots, gloves, hood and helmet.) A KSC supplied
self-contained breathing apparatus with a composite bottle shall be
worn and personnel shall wear the face mask, maintain adequate
respiratory seal and breathe bottled air while performing all
elements of the test.
- The CTT must be completed within 7 minutes. If assigned to the
Astronaut Rescue function the CTT must be completed within 4
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled
office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office
- The employee will be required to adjust to a controlled
environment during normal daily activities to the extremely hot and
possibly cold environments associated with firefighting duties at a
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme
cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or
airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification
Keywords: Chenega Infinity, Port Orange , Battalion Chief, Other , Titusville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!