Produce Clerk Part -Time 20 Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Location: Port orange
Posted on: May 3, 2021
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
17states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off
grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a
supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to developing
If you're a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working
collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our
Members, we want to hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team
environment with great training opportunities and competitive
salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Sorts, displays, removes, and replenishes fresh fruits and
vegetables in the produce department. Maintains the overall
environment of the department by providing assistance to Members
through product knowledge and customer service. Ensures that all
produce meets or exceeds company quality standards.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Provides assistance to Members in the produce department.
Answers questions, recommends products and safe handling tips, and
assists Members with finding products throughout the club.
- Inspects, rotates, and stores produce upon delivery. Ensures
that all received produce meets or exceeds company produce
- Rotates produce on the sales floor to ensure optimal freshness
and variety. Ensures cases and display areas are fully stocked.
Keeps the produce displays neat and clean. Removes products that
are no longer suitable for sale.
- Maintains the produce reserve stock area. Dates and rotates all
back stock items. Ensures the storage area is organized and
- Follows established guidelines when disposing of damaged,
spoiled, and/or expired products.
- Assists Produce Supervisor with inventory and order processing
- Cleans and sanitizes all produce equipment, display fixtures,
and areas, including the produce cooler and refrigerated display
- Generates signage for produce goods and performs price check
functions when necessary. Ensures all items are accurately priced
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Work experience in a produce department preferred.
- Knowledge of fruit and vegetables preferred, including seasonal
- At least 18 years of age.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental
disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait,
marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and
expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard
surfaces and positioning oneself to examine or scan merchandise,
including bending, climbing, crawling, handling, pulling, reaching,
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater
than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent
exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or
Nearest Major Market: Daytona Beach
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Port Orange , Produce Clerk Part -Time 20 Job, Other , Port orange, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!