Utility Clerk Team Member Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Location: Port orange
Posted on: May 3, 2021
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
17states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off
grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a
supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to developing
If you're a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working
collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our
Members, we want to hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team
environment with great training opportunities and competitive
salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
UTILITY CLERK TEAM MEMBER
- Provides members with prompt and courteous service and
assistance. Maintains high standards of safety and sanitation for
members and team members.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all areas of the
club including the sales floor, offices, restrooms and the outdoor
grounds and parking lot.
- Gathers and returns carts and flatbeds from the parking lot to
the club entrance. Removes any trash or debris from the parking
lot, cart corrals, and exterior of the club.
- Ensures that carts are well-stocked at the club entrance.
- Verifies that all carts are in working order and clean. Removes
carts that are not suitable for use.
- Returns new and unused merchandise to the sales floor.
- Performs maintenance and cleaning duties including wet and dry
mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, carpet extracting, washing glass,
emptying trash receptacles and pulling pallets.
- Maintains outdoor grounds of club property including cart
corrals, sidewalks and outdoor trash receptacles.
- Prioritizes maintenance and cleaning responsibilities across
the club in an efficient manner.
- Operates the floor scrubber, trash compactor and cardboard
baler machines in a safe and efficient manner following established
- Restocks maintenance / cleaning supplies and ensures supply
areas on the receiving dock and maintenance closets are clean, neat
- Performs minor and routine building repairs and notifies
management when major repairs may be required.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work
performed by Team Members in this role. It is not designed to
contain a complete inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this role. This
description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for
this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties
of the position at any time.
- Must successfully complete required training and certification
- Prior maintenance or janitorial experience preferred, but not
- Prior retail/wholesale experience preferred.
- May be less than 18 years of age to perform parking lot cart
functions. Must be over 18 to operate equipment and enter age
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental
disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait,
marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and
expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.
Nearest Major Market: Daytona Beach
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Port Orange , Utility Clerk Team Member Job, Other , Port orange, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!