Based in Orlando, Florida, Massey Services is the nation's fifth
largest pest prevention company and the largest privately held
family-owned company in the industry. Celebrating 35 consecutive
years of profitable growth, Massey Services and its subsidiary
organizations employ over 2,300 team members and operate
approximately 2,100 vehicles that provide residential and
commercial pest prevention, termite protection, landscape and
irrigation services to over 650,000 customers from 162 Service
Centers throughout Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, South
Carolina, North Carolina and Oklahoma.
Massey Services will be the leader in providing an
environmentally responsible and superior service. Our Company will
grow by adhering to the highest standards of performance and
Massey offers a competitive compensation plan along with an
excellent benefits package including:
* Company Vehicle * Medical, Dental and Vision * Company paid
Life Insurance * Short & Long Term Disability * Flexible Spending
Account * 401(K) Retirement Plan with company matching * Paid
vacation, holidays and sick days * Tuition Reimbursement
Massey Services, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal
JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
1. Complete all assigned sales, technical and management
2. Receive classroom instruction in subjects related to your
3. Work in different service centers/departments to gain
perspective, including marketing, sales, customer service,
purchasing, and personnel departments.
4. Learn service and sales functions, operations, management
viewpoints and company policies and practices that affect each
phase of business.
5. Observe experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods,
procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental
6. Handle established accounts to gain familiarity.
7. Adhere to guidelines of formal written training program.
8. Attend periodic evaluations.
9. Achieve a passing score in all areas of the management
training program in order to continue in the program.
10. Participate with service center management in interviewing,
hiring, and training employees.
11. Use company reports to analyze sales, revenue, and
12. Identify trends and recommends proactive or remedial action
to manage business situations.
13. Work with and through management to develop and implement
actions that protect company assets and profitability.
14. Maintain and enforce a professional image and the highest
level of integrity with regard to all decisions.
15. Monitors and assures a quality image with all Company team
members (uniform, ID badges), vehicles (decaled, clean), equipment
(maintained, clean), facilities and property (maintained,
16. Be a contributing member of our community and industry by
actively pursuing and participating in organizations and
associations that support our Company's image and commitment.
17. Generate a positive relationship with customers, potential
customers, and community members, always promoting excellent
customer relations, quality image, and integrity.
18. Make every effort to satisfy customers, regardless of time,
cost, or effort.
19. Demonstrate the initiative to prevent customer complaints
and save customer cancellations and manage these to Company
Standards or better.
20. Take every opportunity to "recognize" Service Center team
members for the purpose of enhancing morale.
21. Implement, administer, and enforce all Company Policies and
Procedures, including (but not limited to) training, customer
service, productivity standards, documentation of service,
collections, damage claims, sales, etc.
22. Monitor and assure the safeguarding of all Company
equipment, property, and facilities.
23. Be able to qualify for and pass all State Certifications, as
24. Stay abreast of all technical data in regard to materials
being used and the application of same.
25. Stay abreast of federal, state and local regulations
regarding use of all safety equipment and procedures. Perform job
duties consistent with all regulations and Company Policies and
26. Maintain good regulatory agency relations. Assure
certifications and license requirements are being achieved, and
compliance with all laws, rules and regulations.
27. All other duties as assigned.
28. IMAGE - Assure a quality image both internally and
externally at all times.
* Management and Team Member Conduct * Service Center
facilities, Company uniforms, vehicles, equipment, property,
29. GROWTH OF BUSINESS - Develop skills to accomplish all
revenue and profit objectives through proper planning, quality
training and teaching, and executing and enforcing all Company
30. CUSTOMER SERVICE - Develop skills to assure that all sales
and service minimum standards are accomplished through quality
training, executing and enforcing all Company Policies that relate
to quality service, minimum productivity standards and total
31. TEAM MEMBER DEVELOPMENT - Develop skills to recruit, hire,
train, direct and develop team members within the Service Center in
order to achieve budgeted goals in the areas of sales, services,
collections, expense control and team member development.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
1. College degree in Business Management or equivalent
2. Minimum of three years' management experience required,
including personnel management, multi-level P & L responsibility,
inventory control, customer satisfaction responsibility,
recruiting/training/developing of personnel and leadership
3. Management, sales and marketing experience in a
service-related business preferred. Strong work ethic and ability
to motivate, lead and challenge a team as required.
4. Must be able to meet requirements for obtaining certification
and/or license as required by state, federal, or local
5. Must possess mathematical ability and knowledge of accounting
6. Must possess good written and oral communication skills,
dedication to total customer satisfaction, integrity, ability to
work under pressure and professional image.
7. Knowledge of computer operations required.
8. Must possess and continually demonstrate ability and desire
to commit to corporate culture, mission, guiding philosophy and
TYPICAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
Requires (67-100% of time) walking, climbing, bending, kneeling,
pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, and stretching. Requires
constant ability to move freely about the office building and
between job sites. Requires frequent (34-66% of time) exposure to
outdoor conditions and ability to crawl under homes and in attics
for up to 15 minutes at a time. Requires corrected vision and
hearing to normal range. Requires ability to travel from location
to location. Requires ability to frequently operate small
equipment. Requires occasional (3-33% of time) lifting of equipment
(up to 50 lbs.) Requires good hand-eye coordination, gross motor
coordination and finger dexterity. Must possess ability and stamina
to work long hours while performing physical labor. Must possess
ability to climb heights and ability to endure high levels of
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires constant contact with the public and company Team
Members. Frequently, work is performed outdoors. Office work is
performed in air conditioned/heated facility. May be exposed to
rain, hail, winds, dust, dirt, cement, grass, shrubs, high levels
of noise, vibrations, and others. Incumbent will work with and
around various types of lawn care and pest industry products,
materials and equipment.
Must possess ability to operate lawn care, pest prevention and
termite protection equipment including, but not limited to,
backpack applicators, drills, shovels, carpenter's tools, power
tools, truck equipment, aeration equipment and others.
THIS DESCRIPTION MAY NOT BE ALL INCLUSIVE AND TEAM MEMBERS ARE
EXPECTED TO PERFORM ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED AND DIRECTED BY
MANAGEMENT. JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND DUTIES MAY BE MODIFIED WHENEVER
DEEMED APPROPRIATE BY MANAGEMENT.