Patient Care Coordinator RN - Hospice
Company: Halifax Health
Location: Port Orange
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Halifax Health - Hospice is seeking a Patient Care Coordinator
The Hospice Patient Care Coordinator participates in all
clinical management functions. Coordinates the activities of the
interdisciplinary team in the various patient care settings.
Responsible for clinical direction of all members of the
interdisciplinary team with assistance of discipline specific team
leaders. Responsible for staffing including the hiring and
orientation of staff to assure adequate coverage to meet patient
needs. Assures compliance with all state and federal
- Currently licensed as an RN in State of Florida.
- Associate degree from an accredited School of Nursing
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must work toward certification in Hospice/Palliative Care after
2 years hospice experience
- Professionalism in interpersonal communication skills with
patients, patient families, colleagues, physicians and ancillary
- Personal professional development, accountability, organization
and leadership in the performance of professional nursing
- Minimum of three years clinical nursing experience in community
health, oncology, or medical-surgical nursing
- Previous hospice experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.Valid driving license and good
driving record are required for this position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Interviews, hires, orients and assigns appropriate staff to
assure patient needs are met.
- Provides staff with on-going education and clinical
- Supervises, evaluates and counsels members of the
interdisciplinary team as appropriate.
- Participates as a member of the management team and supports
- Manages and reviews the budget for errors and cost containment
for the assigned team.
- Participates in Quality/Performance Improvement and Utilization
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key
Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler
counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a
network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community
hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four
outreach locations, the area's largest hospice, a center for
inpatient rehabilitation, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in
clinic specializing in women's health, two community clinics, three
children's medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an
exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area's
only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric
Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and
Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB
Emergency Department and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that
cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks. For more information,
Keywords: Halifax Health, Port Orange , Patient Care Coordinator RN - Hospice, Other , Port Orange, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!