Registered Nurse - Hospice/
Company: Halifax Health
Location: Port Orange
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Halifax Health - Hospice is seeking a Registered Nurse for our
Staffing Servies Department.
The Hospice RN will be responsible for coordination and
implementation of the overall plan of care for the assigned
patients in various hospice settings to assure the best possible
quality of life is attained.
- Currently licensed as an RN in State of Florida.
- Associate degree from an accredited School of Nursing
required.Bachelor's degree a plus.
- Valid driving license and good driving record are required for
- Professionalism in interpersonal communication skills with
patients, patient families, colleagues, physicians and ancillary
- Personal professional development, accountability, organization
and leadership in the performance of professional nursing
- All full time RNs will assist in the provision of after hours
and weekend coverage as assigned.
- On-Call responsibilities required.
Certifications as required by individual unit/area.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides all aspects of care for the terminally ill
- Provides patient and family education
- Completes initial and on-going assessments
- Provides pain and symptom management
- Develops an Interdisciplinary Plan of Care which reflect
pt./family centered goals
- Uses critical thinking skills
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities
- Maintains professional and positive working relationships
- Promotes a holistic approach to the care of the terminally
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key
Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler
counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a
network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community
hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four
outreach locations, the area's largest hospice, a center for
inpatient rehabilitation, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in
clinic specializing in women's health, two community clinics, three
children's medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an
exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area's
only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric
Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and
Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB
Emergency Department and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that
cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks. For more information,
Keywords: Halifax Health, Port Orange , Registered Nurse - Hospice/, Other , Port Orange, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!