Licensed Social Worker - Hospice
Company: Halifax Health
Location: Port Orange
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Halifax Health - Hospice is seeking a Licensed Social
The Social Worker will be responsible for the psychosocial
assessment and participate in the development of an
interdisciplinary plan of care of the Hospice patient/family to
assure the best quality of life.
- MSW from Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited
- Licensed or licensed eligible as a Clinical Social Worker in
the state of Florida.
- Valid driving license and good driving record.
- Must have one (1) year of healthcare experience.
- Social work or counseling background, knowledge of community
- One year of social work experience in a health care setting
- Working knowledge of systems theory and family dynamics.
- Strong clinical and assessment skills, including crisis
intervention and the ability to work in a team setting.
- Organization, time-management, and self-awareness.
- Must be customer-service oriented and able to effectively
communicate and build relationships with Team Members at all levels
in the organization.
- Professionalism in interpersonal verbal and written
communication skills with colleagues, physicians and ancillary
department personnel is required
- Skilled in providing care for pediatric, adolescent, adult, and
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide and document psychosocial assessments
- Provide psychosocial support and services to the
- Facilitate community referrals
- Facilitate Nursing Home/Assisted Living Facility transfers
- Assess bereavement needs
- Provide crisis intervention
- Serve as a resource to the interdisciplinary team
- Participate in education of the community regarding Hospice
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key
Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler
counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a
network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community
hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four
outreach locations, the area's largest hospice, a center for
inpatient rehabilitation, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in
clinic specializing in women's health, two community clinics, three
children's medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an
exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area's
only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric
Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and
Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB
Emergency Department and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that
cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks. For more information,
Keywords: Halifax Health, Port Orange , Licensed Social Worker - Hospice, Other , Port Orange, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!