Company: Volusia Flagler Family YMCA
Location: Port Orange
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Guided by the mission of the YMCA, the Port Orange YMCA Sports
Supervisor is responsible for planning, developing, implementing,
expanding and evaluating the specific youth sports programs
including, but not limited to: basketball, soccer, volleyball, and
specialty sports camps. This position is part-time and will start
*Core Functions: *
* *Relationship* *Building* *- *Take personal responsibility for
creating, building and enhancing relationships throughout the
Volusia Flagler Family YMCA.
* *Customer Service Excellence* - Provide excellent customer
service and positive communication to all customers, including but
not limited to, members, participants, guests, volunteers, and
fellow employees, by listening first and responding to their needs
in a safe and effective manner.
* *Role Model* - Model and encourage the development and practice
of the YMCA character values (Caring, Honesty, Respect and
Responsibility), performing all assigned duties with energy and
enthusiasm. Abide by all personnel policies and guidelines, follow
all reasonable directives issued by leadership, and uphold rules,
regulations and safety standards associated with the YMCA.
* *Annual Support Campaign* - Provide support for the annual
campaign and other special events when possible and as
* *Risk Management - *Remain familiar with risk management
procedures in the YMCA facility, which include but are not limited
to: swimming pool rules and procedures, current CPR/AED and First
Aid certification, child abuse prevention, and understanding
specific responsibilities during fire, hurricane, tornado, or other
*Job-Specific Functions: *
* Provide leadership and supervision of the Port Orange Family YMCA
* Promote, administer, and lead in the development and
implementation of all sports programs.
* Expand the enrollment and support of existing programs and
develop new and innovative programs.
* Help the Senior Program Director make sports calendars,
schedules, and rosters.
* Coordinates locations for sports by building community
* Recruit, coach and train staff and volunteers.
* Conduct volunteer coaches training.
* Ensure that all sports equipment is in safe condition for
* Conduct inspections of fields and courts prior to sports
* Ensure participant satisfaction and safety.
* Develop and implement program promotion and marketing.
* Attend staff meetings as required.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
*Minimum Age*: 21
*Education*: High School Degree/GED
*Certs/Licenses*: CPR, AED and First Aid Certifications
*Experience*: Minimum of 2 years working with sports
*Criminal background check and drug screening required.*
*YMCA Competencies (*_*Team*__*Leader*_*)*
* *Mission* *and Community Oriented*: Models and teaches YMCA
values. Champions inclusion activities, strategies and initiatives.
Ensures high-level services that differentiate the YMCA from other
providers. Provides volunteers with orientation, training,
development and recognition.
* *People Oriented*: Empathetically listens and communicates for
understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Builds
relationships to create small communities. Effectively tailors
communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with
feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
* *Results Oriented*: Holds staff accountable for high-quality
results using a formal process to measure progress. Conducts
prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities.
Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Develops
plans and manages best practices through engagement of team.
Cultivates relationships to support fundraising. Effectively
creates and manages budgets.
* *Personal Development Oriented*: Utilizes non-threatening methods
to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or
performance. Shares new insights. Facilitates change, models
adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change.
*Physical and/or Mental Requirements*
* Ability to carry, push, and lift 50 lbs. in the form of sports
* Ability to sit, climb, crouch, stand, kneel, and walk for
extended periods of time.
* Make decisions, solve problems, instruct, evaluate, and
* Visual abilities to see participants to ensure their safety and
* Auditory and verbal abilities to give, receive and follow general
instructions to ensure the safety and well-being of all
*Job-Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Talents*
* Talent to create, build and enhance relationships at all levels
of the organization.
* Good judgment under pressure, with the ability to make timely and
sound, informed decisions.
* Strong verbal communication skills.
* Energetic interpersonal skills with willingness and ability to
build and retain relationships with a diversity of children,
parents, members, guests, volunteers and staff.
* Knowledge of personal limitations and using other resources for
relief and assistance.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including
* Strong knowledge in basketball, soccer, and volleyball.
*YMCA Employee Perks: *
* Free YMCA membership
* Ability to enroll in 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan from day one
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
* Employee discount
* Retirement plan
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Sports: 2 years (Preferred)
* CPR Certification (Preferred)
* AED Certification (Preferred)
* First Aid Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Volusia Flagler Family YMCA, Port Orange , Sports Supervisor, Other , Port Orange, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!