Patient Care Technician - HHPO ED
Company: Halifax Hospital Medical Center
Location: Port Orange
Posted on: January 24, 2023
OverviewHalifax Health is seeking a Unit Clerk/ED Technician for
the HHPO -Emergency Services Department.SummaryThe Unit Clerk/ED
Technician functions within the areas of Registration, Fast Track,
Nurse's Station and patient areas, as assigned. The duties will
include, phlebotomy, patient transportation, direct
para-professional nursing care to Emergency Department patients, as
well as various registration and clerical duties. An Emergency Tech
is responsible and accountable to an assigned group of newborn,
pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.Job
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Certified Nursing Assistant certification, current valid EMT
license or graduate of an approved school/institution for Medical
Assistants with current certification required
- BLS required
- Ability -to communicate effectively and maintain composure in
stressful situationsJob Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to work as scheduled and conforms to working hours.
Arrives to work at scheduled starting time.
- Performs patient assessments in an appropriate and timely
- Collaborates with patient, family and Team Members to establish
interventions and goals.
- Works and communicates well with patients, visitors, physicians
and other Team Members.
- Sets priorities for patient care. Reassess and takes vital
signs per policy and patient need.
- Enters discharge instructions accurately and appropriately for
patients individual needs.
- Transports patients in a safe and timely manner.
- Obtains blood and other specimens correctly and in a timely
- Documents procedures performed within scope of skills
- Adheres to Halifax Health and departmental policies and
- Assists with orienting and precepting new Team Members,
students and volunteers.
- Assists with unit responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Maintains certifications and education requirements of the
department and Halifax Health.
- Possesses knowledge and skills to care for the pediatric,
adolescent, adult and geriatric patients in the ED setting.
- Willingly accepts change of assignments as requested.
- Masters manual skills/procedures (as outlined in skills
checklist).About UsRecognized as one of the 50 Top Cardiovascular
Hospitals in the United States by IBM Watson Health, Halifax Health
serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of
health care services through a network of organizations including a
tertiary hospital, two community hospitals, urgent care clinics,
psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with five outreach
locations, the areas largest hospice, a center for inpatient
rehabilitation, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, primary care
walk-in clinics, a clinic specializing in womens health, a
pediatric care community clinic, five pediatric medical practices,
a home health care agency and an exclusive provider organization.
Halifax Health offers the areas only Level II Trauma Center,
Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center (TSC), Center for Transplant
Services, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Child and Adolescent
Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency
Department and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares
for babies born earlier than 28 weeks. For more information, visit
Keywords: Halifax Hospital Medical Center, Port Orange , Patient Care Technician - HHPO ED, Professions , Port Orange, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!